I'm a writer, product operations and communications strategist, and coach. I live in a 100-year-old apartment in Chicago with a small army of succulents, two teapots, and a growing stack of books I keep meaning to read. Also, a husband and a cat.
I've done some interesting things in my life so far, including:
- Designing and building websites for clients from scratch in 1998 to help pay for college. (The professor who taught me how to code helped me land my first jobs; in retrospect, I think I owe him a commission.)
- Teaching digital strategy and community building by invitation to post-graduate students at the University of Chicago.
- Working as a program manager on the Technology team on President Obama's re-election campaign, where I directly managed 3 of the 5 product verticals.
- Writing a volume of poetry as part of #the100dayproject in 2014 and as a self-directed project in 2015.
- Becoming semi-internet famous for making amazing scones.
I organize operations, support communities, and build smart, elegant things. I help establish fluid communication both internally and externally so you, your co-workers and employees, and your clients and customers are happy. Best of all, I strip out friction wherever I find it and smooth over speed bumps to make everyone's life easier and work shorter.
In my free time, I write (hey, TinyLetter), draw, and make weird little art projects.
Say hi: email@example.com